Nothing is more important than family! It is vital to keep your family members healthy and safe. Internet safety means protecting your family online from people or programs that can bring harm. Knowledge is power when it comes to protecting your family on the internet.
Here are 6 smart ideas to keep your family safe online:
- Set a Password on Your WiFi: Safety online begins with a strong WiFi password. Not only should your password be difficult to guess, but it is also smart to change it every 6 months. A password stops hackers from gaining access to your wireless network. Hackers might be able to use your security cameras, view your private files, and steal your banking information. Make sure not to use the same password for all of your accounts because this increases your chance of being hacked. Also, be alert when you are not at home which WiFi networks you sign into on your phone.
- Guard Your Photos: Think before posting family photos online. First, know who your friends and followers are on your social accounts. It's also smart not to share private moments or things that could paint you in a negative light. Additionally, some families choose to watermark their photographs for extra security. Having that watermark will make it more difficult for others to steal or manipulate photos.
- Think Before You Post: Many Americans are online every day…it can be easy to get too comfortable. Don't give out personal information, post about going on vacations, or post and comment controversial things. Future employers, hackers, and thieves may be looking through your social accounts at any time. Even if you think your account is only visible by people you know and trust, you can never be too careful.
- Have access to your children's devices. Having your children's passwords can help keep them safe. Establish family rules and stick with them. Let your children know the potential threats online and that you will be vigilant of their activities. Keep the line of communication open with your children so they will come to you with questions. In this modern-day, online safety is an important part of your children's education. Here is a LIST to start the conversation with your children about appropriate online behavior.
- Safe Shopping: Is a holiday or birthday coming up? Or maybe you want to pick up something for yourself! From groceries to paying bills, shopping online is convenient and fun. Of course, it's important to shop safely. When you are making a purchase online, you have to type in your credit card or bank account information. It is smart to only provide this delicate information on sites that have secure connections. Be sure those connections are "https" and not "http".
- Get Clean Internet! The best way to navigate the internet is clean! Our mission at Clean Internet is to provide the best Web Filtering tools imaginable. Our staff is committed to this mission and we value each and every customer. It is an honor to be entrusted with your family's online safety and we take this task seriously. Our technology provides real-time updates to the latest threats, monitors all web activity, and filters/blocks pornography and inappropriate websites. To sign up, click HERE. To learn more about how we protect families online, click HERE or call (219) 728-5030 or email us at: SUPPORT@CLEANINTER.NET.